Questions on environmental topics
Do you know all the answers? We do!
1. When was the largest oil spill ever?
4. Which two measurements are applied to indicate radioactivity?
5. Which country was severely flooded in 1953?
11. What was the name of the community in the United States that was built on a chemical waste dump in the 1950’s?
13. What is the main policy measure for achieving greenhouse gas reduction targets under the Kyoto protocol?
14. How much of the earth’s water is freshwater?
15. What was the herbicide called that was applied in the Vietnam War to destroy the forest cover hiding the Viet Cong?
17. What toxic substance caused millions of people in Bangladesh to fall ill because of its presence in groundwater applied as drinking water?
18. How much of the world's total population experiences water shortages?
19. For which environmental NGO did skeptical environmentalist Bjorn Lomborg work in his earlier years?
20. What are the two main components of acid rain?